For kpi.com Users
All users of our kpi.com software must agree to only sending permission-based email newsletters upon activating mail marketing feature. This means that all recipients sent to must have opted-in to receive communications from the sending organization.
Users of kpi.com may not:
- purchase lists (whether they are opt-in or not)
- have a subscription form that subscribes users to an unrelated list
- send out unrelated offers or unrelated content to your newsletter list
- add an email address into a list without the subscriber’s permission
- email someone who has requested to be removed from your list
- utilize a list older than 6 months without reconfirming the recipients’ subscriptions
- send out a regular newsletter to a recipient who has opted-in to receive it
- send out information and content to recipients who have requested to receive content on that topic from your organization
kpi.com has a no tolerance spam policy. The strict measures we take to enforce our policy include, but are not limited to:
- We review and monitor large list imports. This includes a review of the list source, list age, collection methods, and confirmation practices.
- A member of our staff reviews each message sent to more than 5000 recipients and either will approve or reject it.
- We utilize a content-checking utility to screen and flag any message that contains words common to unsolicited emails.
- A record is saved of every email that is sent through the system.
- Any customer found to be using kpi.com for spam will be immediately cut-off from use of the product.
- We maintain the IP address and date subscribed for every new subscriber.
- Every email, whether text or HTML, contains a mandatory unsubscribe/opt-out link at the bottom of the message. This unsubscribe link cannot be removed.
Procedure for Handling Complaints
We have a no tolerance spam policy. Your account will be immediately terminated if you send spam. Spam is defined as unsolicited mass email to persons with whom you do not have a business relationship or have not requested (opted-in to) your mailing. kpi.com is intended for businesses and organizations who have an established list of permission-based opt-in email addresses. We provide our product only to those who follow our strict anti-spam policy.
To determine whether you have sent spam we will:
- review the content of the message in question
- review your subscriber list for patterns common to harvested lists
- review the spam complaint
Procedure for Handling False Positive Complaints
We realize that it is possible for those who have subscribed to your mailings to have forgotten that they have subscribed. For this reason, upon this type of complaint, we will notify you of the complaint, explain the action taken, and review your web site and may suggest changes to the notifications or descriptions you provide when subscribers sign up for your lists.
In the case that a subscriber who makes a complaint did not sign up through your site (i.e. was imported into the system) no IP record or date of subscription will be available. In this case, we will investigate the situation, look at the email in questions, and if it is determined that you may be sending UCE we will immediately disable the sending function on your account and we will immediately contact you by email and/or phone. As soon as we hear from you and are able to verify that the subscriber was indeed an opt-in subscriber, we will remove the sending-block.